I know my last blog had to do with the same sort of topic, but I wanted to specifically touch on 2008 statistics. Now, if you listen to the news.....our market is in bad shape. However, I tend not to listen to reporters who are looking to put the fear of
God in me! I look at facts. And if any of you out there, reading my blog, might be considering putting your house on the market in the near future, here are some important facts about the current Eureka Real Estate Situation:
1) February 2008 was the strongest February we have had in 3 years!
2) March is looking to be just as strong (it usually takes a few weeks for all sales to be reported on MARIS)!
3) There have been more sales between January - March 2008, than in the same period in 2006 and in 2007.
4) We currently have 447 current listings in Eureka, with 56 of them currently being under contract. Our Market is Strong!!!!
5) In 2006 and 2007, May and June were the months with the most recorded sales! If you are looking to sell this year, you should really consider getting on the market this month!!!
Next week, I will discuss the feared "low-ball" offer, and the best way to respond!
Lindsey Gillick Wallach